LAWDOGSUSA NEEDS YOUR HELP!
We are a very small organization hoping to grow into a national resource for law enforcement. We donate world class detection dogs MADE IN AMERICA! While we work with a variety of breeds, the American pit bull has proven to be superior for detection work. We are dedicated to helping law enforcement agencies across America discover what a growing number of agencies already know: America’s Working Breed is the best kept secret in K9 detection work.
Since 9.11.01, dog “venders” have sprung up all over the U.S. Venders buy dogs from Europe, taking the good with the bad. A high price is put on these dogs, because of their “import” status. But LawDogsUSA is different. We know there are great dogs in America – many sitting in animal shelters because their high drive makes them unsuitable as pets. As well, there are some fantastic purpose bred animals available. We hook these dogs up with law enforcement agencies in need of explosives and narcotics K9s.
LawDogsUSA is a labor of love: we do this for the dogs, for America’s law enforcement and for public safety.
Our passion is helping dogs help public safety.
Our passion is the American pit bull: the living symbol of resolute determination – of never quitting.
And our passion is providing law enforcement with the absolute best dogs in the world. You can help us:
Here is what your donation is needed for!
- Ad space in national and regional law enforcement magazines to showcase the breed in a positive light
- Funds to have booths at national and regional law enforcement workshops to educate and promote pit bulls as detection dogs
- Funds to transport potential Lawdogs from shelters nationwide to our facility
- Funds to transport Lawdogs to agencies wishing to use them
- Funds to x-ray hips, microchip, vaccinate and worm all Lawdogs
- Funds to feed our Lawdogs
- Funds to build a training facility, training equipment and kennels
- Funds to purchase the explosives and narcotics scents for detection training
The above is just a partial list of the many things we need funding for. We cannot do this alone. If you love the American pit bull, if you want to support Homeland Security and the War On Drugs, if you support our idea of donating detection dogs to jurisdictions which could otherwise not afford a detection K9, please help us by donating today.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP!
- SPREAD THE WORD – The more people know about our program, the more chances we have to help dogs and agencies. If you know of an agency looking for a detection dog or detection dog prospect (at no charge!) have them contact us. Please forward our site link to dog groups, pet lovers, shelters and law enforcement agencies.
- HOLD A RAFFLE – Or a silent auction, or donate a small portion of entry fees at your dog event. We are in desperate need of funds for veterinarian care, food, toys and rewards, transportation costs, kennels and training equipment. This is also a great project for 4H kids or other groups interested in teaching kids about civic duty. Kids love police dogs, and we will send a “pin-up” and great informational booklet, appropriate for the age of the kid’s group, for any donations over $25.
FLASH!!! HUGE THANK YOU FOR A VERY GENEROUS DONATION SENT BY THE TEXAS BLACK GOLD AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER CLUB (ADBA)! THIS WAS MONEY THEY DONATE FROM SHOW PROCEEDS EACH YEAR. WE ARE THRILLED AND HONORED! THANK YOU!
- CONSIDER ADOPTING – Consider adopting a dog which “washes out” of the program, or is not accepted by the WSP. Dogs demonstrating human aggression are euthanized, but dogs which pass our strict health and temperament evaluations may simply lack sufficient hunt drive for selection as a detection dog. These animals become available for adoption from time to time.
- SUPPORT THE PROGRAM – LawDogs is a 501(c)3 (pending) corporation. Our program is entirely dependant upon donations.